From time to time I do fishing tackle reviews here on Getfished. I have some simple, important rules regarding this:
- I do not review anything I have not actually used.
- If I do not like it or find an issue with a product I say so.
- The reverse is true. If it's a product I like, or use all the time, I'll say that, too.
- I do not accept compensation in order to write a favourable review.
- Some links within the review may be affiliate links that I receive a small payment for. Regardless of my conclusion on the product being reviewed.
See the Fishing Tackle Reviews FAQ
Fishing Tackle Reviews FAQ
Sometimes. When I do you will see a notice at the top of the review, just below the heading. Usually the payment comes if you click the link to the product – and purchase it. This costs you nothing more.
Generally, no. They are not. If any are supplied the review will state this. Also – the product will not be reviewed unless I have had a chance to fully test it.
No. Never. I mean. What’s the point of that? It’s not a lot of fun either. It’s more fun road testing or sharing great (and not so great) products I’ve actually been able to go out and fish with.
You can. I will consider it. But there’s no guarantee I will be able to review it. Especially expensive items that I may not need or may not use again. Please use the Contact Form.
Congrats’ on making a fishing product! You may request your product be reviewed. It will help if you are able to supply a review copy. Note – it is a requirement that the review is written by me after testing. It is also required that I review it as I found it to be. So if it’s a useful tool for me, I’ll say that. If it represents value for money etc. The converse is also true. If I’m not taken by the product I’ll say why in the review.
You can use the Contact Form to make your request. Please ensure you include details on where the product is manufactured. Your company name. Retailers – or website – as applicable. Also the price and where in the world your company is located. A contact name and phone number are preferable.